"A Transforming Christian Education For All"
As a part of Horizon's Strategic Plan, the school developed important 'Anchors' in which we base our decision making and planning for the school.
JOURNEY FAITHFULLY WITH GOD
To intentionally walk with God in prayerful partnership as we offer our lives as living sacrifices in our ministry at Horizon.
INSPIRE A LOVE OF LEARNING
To give our best "as working for the Lord", to encourage students to develop a passion for learning.
NURTURE PARTNERSHIPS IN COMMUNITY
To foster authentic relationships within the school; between the school and our families, and with churches within our region.
Our School Aims To:
- Provide a curriculum, which in its basis, direction and structure, gives expression to the Christian view of life.
- Foster a cooperative and beneficial relationship between children, family and teachers and the Christian and wider community
- Encourage the development of Christian attitudes, respect for others, caring, sharing and tolerance
- Develop fully the spiritual, social, academic and physical potential of each child
- Provide a caring environment to encourage appreciation of learning and creativity
- Assist in the development of knowledge and understanding needed for future study and community involvement
- Teach students to think and work independently and cooperatively and learn effective communication skills
- Give recognition and approval to all degrees of improvement and achievement as well as the attainment of excellence
- Foster a joy of living